As part of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, Congress authorized up to $5 billion that can be used to purchase electric school buses and charging infrastructure through the EPA’s Clean School Bus Program.
This is your chance to bring the health, air quality and climate benefits of clean-running electric school buses to your students, communities, and school districts – using federal dollars to cover up to the full cost!
To get started, just register your school district as an entity on SAM.gov (the federal government’s fund disbursement site), work with key stakeholders to plan out what’s needed for electric school buses in your school district, then apply with the EPA’s online application by August 19, 2022!
• Go to SAM.gov and register your school district as an entity (a personal account won’t work)
• Meet with key stakeholders in your district, like facilities and maintenance teams
• Talk with your electric utility about charging, infrastructure upgrades and any available incentives or electric vehicle programs
• Conduct a fleet inventory of your district’s buses
• Decide which of your current buses you’ll replace with electric school buses
• Determine how you’ll decommission the buses you’re replacing
• Submit your brief online application on the EPA Clean School Bus Program website
by August 2022
• Be sure to apply for zero emissions buses